The Orchid Forum, for the UK and Europe (previously known as The UK Orchid Forum) • View topic - Image Archive
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Image Archive
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Liked in: 176 posts
I live in: United Kingdom (England)
My nearest city or region is: London
My hardiness zone is: 9a
Hello,

If you have any reasonably good photos of named orchids in flower, please consider also uploading the best of them to the Image Archive. This is a browsable and searchable database of photos, separate from the main forum areas, where hopefully we can assemble one of the internet's best archives of searchable orchid photos from members.

Please only upload photos of named plants, which are in focus, and show them properly. They don't have to be ultra-professional-quality, just good. Please ensure that your uploaded photo is titled properly with the plant name. Don't upload vast numbers of photos, just one or two that seem the best. You can upload photos up to approximately 9.5MB in size, which I hope should be fine for most common digital cameras. If your files are bigger, you'll have to re-size them on your own computer, or reply here to explain and I'll see if I can up the allowance here.

You can search the Image Archive to see what's in there. If there are already photos of your plant in question uploaded, only add more images if you think yours show the plants differently or better.

You can access the different parts of the Image Archive from the front page of the forum, if you follow the links to them under each section heading down the page. You can also go to the whole Image Archive by clicking on the link near the top-right of every page. There are various other links related to the Image Archive dotted around the pages, which are self-explanatory hopefully.

There's also an area for other non-orchid plants, if you feel you want to archive some especially nice photos of other plants or things.

If you ever have any problems with all this, please send me a private message and I will help.

Please remember that forum posts will eventually get deleted with time, even the ones with photos. However, Image Archive uploads will never be deleted.

(unless they are rubbish!)

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Thanks.

• Email me for site admin issues
• Orchid inspiration (random images from this site for viewing and discussion)
• Orchid growlist | • Orchid wishlist
• Carnivorous plant growlist

Seeking: Aristolochia cathcartii, Encephalartos inopinus, Passiflora incarnata, P. tucumanensis (seeds) Lobelia gloria-montis, L. villosa

Post subject: Re: Image Archive
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:17 pm 
Still settling in
Still settling in

Liked in: 0 post
I live in: United Kingdom (England)
My nearest city or region is: Lincoln
Thanks for your latest general message to all members. As you may have noticed, I don't visit this forum very often, so much so that I struggled to recall my password. To this end, please could you delete my registration, as I don't know how to.

Thank you

Heather

................you can grow a hedge that is vertically straight over ten feet high (Alan Parsons Project)